Saturday, October 24, 2009

Highlights of the day:

(this post is mostly in chronological order)


1) completed nike human race in 1hr19min
(it was too congested and I didn't really bother to cut much)

Met Nat at 5:35 to get to cityhall and we reached at 6:05 am zomg! Jeremy Tingfong and Serene came soon enough so we set off to the destination (near Singapore flyer) along with the whole army of red ants, haha. We kinda lost J after the 3rd km so I ran with Nat throughout! We really hate the portion near the Singapore indoor stadium cause it seemed neverending. oh, 100plus is the best drink ever.

I think the 6th - 7th km didn't feel too great too but we kinda ran on the paths with less people so it was at least a little better. It was fun observing the other runners at the U-turn areas :P


But seriously, I didn't feel as happy/accomplished after running the 10 km as compared to will run (which was 14 km in about the same timing cause there was enough running space in school)... because it isn't our first time completing 10 km. I'm sure all SRJC-ians feel the same eh :D No kick ah, 10 km.

800+ students (or so i heard) in our school signed up for the race so we won in the school category for having the most number of students crossing the finishing line, and we're gonna be featured in some nike in-store campaign! The live bands performing were far too noisy though.


There were photographers too but somehow I didn't feel too high.

Nonetheless, it was a great experience to be a part of this huge run. Think I'll be joining again next year!



I brought my camera but didn't take photos cause.... I guess I wasn't too comfortable in a group with people I didn't know too well. Plus I was kinda shy to ask other people too, how strange.



2) ate at marina square and played taptap while the rest slept.

We were supposed to head back to Tampines since he's got PW later in the day and I had nobody else to go with, but we kinda bumped into Jeremy and his (their) classmates Keith & Derek so we had lunch at foodcourt since the other restaurants were full.

We kinda just sat there and I played Taptap revenge 3 while some of 'em slept. It felt like 4pm even though it was just 11am then cause we were so exhausted! Strange enough, I had energy to last me throughout the rest of the day! Movie timings weren't right so we went around the mall.



OHYESOHYES. the S7 peeps were at ben&jerry's machine (I don't know how to explain it, its something like those toy-clamping machines) and they won a cup of it! Nat and I tried too and HAHAHA WE GOT A CUP OF IT SO I WENT HIGH AND HIGH AND HIGH even though I wasn't the one who pressed the button HAHA.

I guess I didn't take notice of my surroundings again at the point again and felt kinda bad after that and ... yeah. Thoughts to myself for now.



3) went to the arcade!

Next stop was the arcade where I played Daytona and Time crisis. I SUCK AT DRIVING I SUCK AT DRIVING HAHAHAHA. Lets see, the first time I put in the coins, I didn't press the start button with the rest and ended up playing on my own.

On the second round, I accidentally stepped on the BOTH the brake and gas pedal so it was going real slow for awhile HAHAHA WTH. The car kept crashing into stuff or driving onto the grass. I obviously got owned and my ass kicked but it was fun seeing Ivan, Ken and Nat trying to own each other LOL. I feel so dumb and stupid for that but its still so fun I feel like trying again soon HAHAHA.

Then I had a round of time crisis 3 with Ivan and I don't really know what I was doing either HAHA. But hey it felt so freaking great to shoot at those people poompoompoom!! I realised I can't even aim properly but still managed to shoot the people somehow. Tyco! Or maybe it was cause I spent alot of time dodging LOL. GREAT NOW I FEEL LIKE PLAYING THE GAME AGAIN.

then we...



4) watched the movie "the blue mansion"

with I,N,J,D,K. It wasn't bad, in fact I kind of liked it. Not a bad one for a local production though it might be better off as a play instead of a movie. Some scenes were quite well shot and the music's not bad. There was Bach's Air in G string!! (Like, the classical song I've always loved) & so I JUST heard from my brother that the director/film is quite well known overseas too.



5) Am going to watch music and lyrics cause I have the DVD and I feel like watching it right nao.

(I'm halfway through it! How greatly inspiring, off to the piano I go! edit: and its done! This is what a good movie does to you, that was a great time I had in front of the piano.)


One more thing, I think I'm terribly charmed by men with wise words, a great sense of humour (those with actual quality in them and not those dirty ones) and people who write/play music. This might just be my first time falling so in love with a character in a movie!


Hugh Grant - Don't write me off

It was so touching when he composed "don't write me off" and sang it at the concert, cause you could tell the lyrics don't fit as well but he's still trying hard to compose just for the girl.



Also, Hayley Bennett (Cora in the movie) must be the prettiest and cutest girl I've seen since Ashley (Sarah Roemer) in Disturbia. No wait, the latter's hot but Hayley Bennett just looks so innocent and I think she has that.. poise. Goodness I can watch her sing the whole day.


Anyway, it spoke to me in many ways. Its a little difficult to put them in words here, but many scenes in it felt so special to me.

No comments: